Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pet Teeth Cleaning, Sacramento

the American dream ... I'm

Back in the Madriles.

That
good happens fast. A reflection of all the hundred who always comes last day of vacation, all I think I managed to stumble his way through the airport (seven hours by plane have the same effect as a hangover of sangria don simon) dragging my little suitcase until meter, with the neck twisted (impossible position to get some sleep) and electrified hair. That ended my week in New York and reality began. Fortunately, I need a vacation from the vacation.

already warned in the last post, as they say in the movies, I made a "break" (like childbirth) the mother of all cities, the center of the center of the center of the world, or what is being Manhattan. Of course, I made the most typical and usual: I have eaten burger (delicious), I searched the house of Carrie Bradshaw, I climbed the Empire State, and I bought a levi's strip price, among other things, hundreds of people like me. This is normal, leaving you alone and without effort, but I still have the pain of failing to do other things Curran, as having gone to greet Obama at ground zero (which is actually a fence works, as that we have such views in our cities) or be "discovered" by the Sartorialist (and I wore my best clothes guiris).


tourist
My clumsiness has been literally face to face with hurried New Yorkers, those citizens stressed, multiracial and coffee addicts (so called, but not at all like coffee around here), little or no to do with it Manhattan girls, or women with high heels we see on the street style of the journals and blogs. Instead, girls in suits and with Nike, Starbucks cup in hand. Speaking of Starbucks, there must be like a million in the city, there is even in hotels, bookstores and even in a bank! And another booming business on the island: the nails bars. What invention worldwide with perfect nails ... and thus reveals one of the great enigmas of our time: why Americans are always in flip flops (rain, snow or the sun goes down to lead), now I know that is because they have a pedicure fresh. The world makes sense.

By one of those amazing coincidences, or simply by the fact that NY is where it all happens, the MET was just the day inaugurated a retrospective of Alexander McQueen. I was there for me, between knowledgeable dressed in black and round-rimmed glasses, and unable to take a picture (not allowed and I am a coward, the norms in the U.S., plus American guards scare me). I was amazed with the work of the designer, the assembly and the museum gift shop, which sold to a miniature reproduction made in Vietnam, their legendary shoes armadillo for the low price of $ 25. After imagine explaining to visitors what they were armadillo shoes I decided to buy a magnet with one of the dresses of the sample, and now my fridge looks like another, decked out in haute couture by McQueen . What a pity that the contents of the said product will not accompany them.

100% McQueen
a paperweight



A week is quite enough, and I'll tell you more things. The truth is that I'm fully seized by the American dream, a feeling which primarily involves lack of sleep and wanted to Domir by the time difference.

Good day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment