Saturday, March 26, 2011

First Time Home Buyers Rebate Problems



Notice: This is an informative post. Its content is true though it may seem a little harsh. Reading it may cause yawning. It can be useful if you are going to make purchases from countries outside the EU.

a couple of weeks ago I ordered a U.S. website. The subject was difficult, to change, 60 €. The joke of transport costs, VAT, customs and postal services has been paid to what amounted to a staggering € 100. Had I known, had not made the order, and so customs odyssey story here ... But one thing:

Step # 1. Order. Ordering is always the easiest step, if not, buy it. For Americans the shipping was free for me, $ 30, that the change was not so much. Well, I gave him to accept and proceed with the shipment.

Step 2: follow the shipping status online. Listen, this is fantastic: you keep the package as if someone had put a GPS. Because my mother wanted to have this system to know where their young ...

Step 3: I read with panic Spain mail that my package has been delayed at customs. Why? Because I have to pay VAT! it is logical. But be aware that there are options to hire a customs agent (more money), make arrangements online or go directly to the airport, whose offices are the easiest schedule: 9 to 2. Like a tale of "choose your own adventure" is involved, I chose the last option and I went to the airport ...

Step 4: at the airport. First you have to go to the post office, deliver the paper you have previously sent them, and with that role, go to the office of the AEAT the airport. Arrive, you collect the documents, answer your questions (if you take drugs is not going to tell, but good), I settled the tax (18% VAT, there is na), you pay at the bank (the airport), go back to the AEAT office, they put a seal, and back to the post office, where eye-expenses-paid (VAT), and you get the package. Total, with transportation: 3 hours.

If the EU wanted to create obstacles to trade with countries outside the EU, has: I do not repeat.
If I tell this stuff is because it is now very easy to buy online, but must take into account all pros and cons.
And if someone truly question, no, no one could buy the same goods in the EU.

0 comments:

Post a Comment